Did I mention the weather? Windy and rainy. Not at all ideal.
Which is why we waited until 4:15. High tide, and the slack that follows. So all we had to contend with is the wind.
|Freedom is her name, christened so July 4, 1926 .|
I took the pic as she went by.
2 hours later, she came back and docked.
We wanted to be on the lee side of the small channel as we moved. Once the lines were off Russ and the other help pushed us away. Just as the wind died off. So, nice we didn't have to deal with it, but a bummer since I counted on it pushing me the rest of the way off. I twisted and bobbed a bit and managed to get us more or less square, then started the backing. It was still a little too close to the boat on the lee side, but Russ and the help fended off without issue. We had, I was told later, about a foot.
|The view from the stern. Classic, ain't she?|
All in all not a far or long day, but a bit stressful nevertheless.
|This is an old rail used by the marina to put boats into the water. |
If you don't know to look for it you'll miss it.
Post a Comment