Despite being a lovely 80 degree day it was quite windy. We were on the channel so it didn't impact us much, but thankfully kept a lot of local traffic off the water. This is "the season" in Florida, now that the hurricanes are no longer a threat.
|Been underway a while when |
the lazy sun came out.
Additionally, a couple of projects have come into view and Russ wants to get started on them sooner rather than later. Said projects include:
- Diesel heat or chillers to replace our current HVAC system
- Remove rooftop AC unit to make space for more solar panels
- Lots of fiberglass work (patch old AC unit, replace sugar scoops with steps on the stern, install a pull-out ladder)
- Wrap the boat (this will be a color, like green)
- Move out of the storage locker in New Orleans
|Salvage thing going on here. One of many |
|This area was hit hard by Nicole.|
|Many boats and piers got hammered.|
Looking ahead the weather to cross LO should be good Thursday. So we're taking a couple of long days to make sure we can grab that window. With any luck we'll be in LBK in a week or so.