After watching the weather for the last few days it looks like there will be fabulous weather to do the crossing on Tuesday, and an equally lovely day for gulf travel on Wednesday. Since we think we can get across the gulf in 2 days (recall it took us about 3 weeks last time), we'd like to take advantage of that. We are not dilly-dallying.
Up early and out at before dawn we put in a solid 7 hour day, which got us anchored by 3 pm. The first body of water we had to cross was the Choctawhatchee Bay, which we know from experience can be tough. I'm happy to report it was just wonderful. Then it's back on cut canals for a while which connect you to the West Bay by Panama City. This particular anchorage is a favorite -- this is our third time here.
|Sun peeks over Destin.|
If, weather wise, things remain the same for the next day, we'll be Apalachicola tomorrow (which isn't too long a day) then we'll get to Steinhatchee on Tuesday and Anclote Key on Wednesday -- that will be the seriously long day.
From there it's a hop, skip, and a jump from Longboat Key. Fingers crossed, but we should be back by next weekend.
|Hey, look! A bald eagle!|
Of course we gotta cross the Tampa Bay... we may have to wait for the next weather window for that one.
|inQuest in Pearl Bayou.|
The others are residents, as far as we can tell.
Post a Comment